28 July, 2008

Low-Hanging Fruit Files: New Wave Rooster Rolls, Shills Soviet Bloc Meat(ish) Product

Submitted for your approval:

My Estonian's a little rusty, so you'll have to give me a pass: I'm not sure if they're advertising a poultryesque product or narrating a rooster's acid flashback.

At first, I thought this had to be a hoax, maybe some kind of viral video for PETA. A quick check of Snopes (I alternate my Firefox home page between Snopes and Google depending on how much I distrust the world on any given day) came up empty.

The only way they could possibly make meat any less appealing would be to drag it behind a bus through a manure patch. In their defense, standards back then slipped a bit under the cold, hard hammer of Communism. When you're rationing toilet paper, I suppose you're less preoccupied by what goes in.

M.M.McDermott, ACD/The Other White Meat


Previously in the Low-Hanging Fruit Files: Commercial sucks the joy out of a job in video gaming.
Half-passingly-kinda-related to PETA: Local lawyer sees gold showers in them thar hills.
Foreign ads are weird: Man-Dog mends broken hearts with chips.

Low-Hanging Fruit Files: New Wave Rooster Rolls, Shills Soviet Bloc Meat(ish) ProductSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
blog comments powered by Disqus
The Renegade Agency Confessional - Blogged

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP