25 April, 2008

Friday Ad Haiku: Award Shows

First, some disclosure: a) I've never actually made it to an awards program. I've been to the pre-awards receptions for the free booze, but I always skip out when folks begin filing in to the auditorium because b) I haven't won an award to accept because c) I've never entered anything because d) I'm lazy and/or a hack depending on whom you ask.


But, I've heard the tone and aura of most shows fall somewhere between garish orgies of ego-worship and an elementary school stage production of Caligula. I can't speak to that, but I highly recommend making friends with the bartender at the reception.

Nice trophy, homey.
Got one just like it when our
softball team took 3rd.



Previously in the Friday 5-7-5: The Agency Bathroom



M.M.McDermott, ACD/Copywriter/Hater

Friday Ad Haiku: Award ShowsSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

3 others 'fessed up:

Anonymous,  April 25, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

Just give it your all.
Know it's not about your brass
It's all about your...

Anonymous,  April 25, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

And the winner is
The Grammy's for "Lamest Host".
Meta-awards show.

Anonymous,  April 25, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

This proves I'm good. Or
Maybe it proves...you filled out
the application.

The Renegade Agency Confessional - Blogged

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP