22 January, 2010

Who Could Ask For Better Publicity?

I never wanted an iPhone. I didn't want to be one of those people--phone always out, talking about apps no one else cares about, showing off their fancy features, uploading uninteresting pictures to their Facebook wall 20 times a day, simply because they can. Then, last summer, I became one of those people. Now I play Skee-Ball during layovers at the airport. I show off my RedLaser barcode scanning capabilities, even though I never actually use it for price comparisons.

I felt pretty guilty about spending so much money every month on something so, well, cool yet unnecessary. Until I saw this article. Think the iPhone's worthless? See what you think when you're injured and trapped under a few tons of rubble. Because, yes, there's an app for that.

The people at Apple are most likely feeling pretty good today, as well as those life-saving folks at Jive Media. And as an iPhone user, I'm feeling pretty good about my phone and my app store investments, Jersey Shore Party App and all. Hey, they can't all save lives.

If you can't view the video below, click here.

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcmiami.com/video.



--Alicia Taft, Copywriter/Course Developer/One of those people

UPDATE: Looks like someone's been reading the news. I just received an email from AT&T, encouraging iPhone users to shop the App Store. Coincidence?

Who Could Ask For Better Publicity?SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
blog comments powered by Disqus
The Renegade Agency Confessional - Blogged

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP