30 September, 2008

B-boyee!


Just started a part-time stint working for b, the free daily off-shoot of the Baltimore Sun. It's geared towards the Millennial and late Gen X demographic. While I'm sure I'll enjoy having the opportunity to flame local politicians and bitch about the Orioles' regularly scheduled late-season collapses in front of a mass audience, I'm also looking at this as a cultural marketing experiment.

It's no secret that I've been skeptical of the Millennial class. Just look at them, strutting around with their iPhones and crude plans for saving the world one wind turbine at a time. Having worked with them in both advertising and education, I've been underwhelmed. I've encountered a few bright spots--kids who are willing to scrub toilets if that's what it'll take to get to where they want to be. But I've seen far too many self-entitled cry babies and oblivious gum chewers.

I'm hoping that engaging them in dialogue through the media will help refine my perceptions about the demographic beyond the generational blurbs posted in Ad Age marketing columns. I want to be wrong. I really do.

So when I'm not here, I'll be there. Here's to the pursuit of market research.

B-boyee!SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
blog comments powered by Disqus
The Renegade Agency Confessional - Blogged

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP